Become a Volunteer
The New Brunswick Highland Games Festival is organized and operated by a dedicated family of volunteers, many of whom return year after year. The tasks are many, the job rewarding and the on-site atmosphere electrifying. Volunteering with the New Brunswick Highland Games Festival is a great way to meet new people from your community and around the world, become a part of a great cultural event and have a grand time.
- “Sign me up for anything” – you. Help us keep Fredericton’s largest mid-summer festival running smoothly by pitching in where needed!
Bar team (ages 19+)
- Ever dream of working behind the bar? Here you’ll get the chance to serve up Picaroons beer, Scotch, wine, and other beverages to thirsty lads and lasses all weekend at the Ceilidh Tent.
Set up / tear down
- “Dare to be honest and fear no labor.” – Robert Burns. A necessary part of any festival, setting up and tearing down the grounds. With all the heavy lifting required, this be your first step on the road to a career in Scottish Athletics!
Admissions / gates
- Check in smiling guests with our e-ticket app, or sell tickets at the gates as needed. For some of you we promise you’ll be an expert in wrapping wristbands on wrists by the end of your shift as well!
Grounds observer (ages 16+)
- This team keeps equipment, goods (and sometimes people!) moving around the grounds as needed with ATVs and other small recreational vehicles. Requirements: courteous, small vehicle driving talents (and a not-so-need for speed!) or being an A1 passenger.
- Our information tent team answers questions about the Games, events, and site and sells our New Brunswick Highland Games souvenirs throughout the weekend.
Friends VIP tent / hospitality services
- The generosity of our Friends of the Games help make this festival a success every year so we provide them a VIP tent where they can relax and mingle throughout the weekend. You can help out by providing a welcoming and hospitable environment to our Friends and making sure refreshments are well stocked for them.
Piping & drumming / heavy events support
- For both our band contests & solo competitions, and heavy events, these teams help keep things running on time! Help our competitors make sure they’re ready for their allotted competition time as a steward, or assist the judges in the heavy events.
Entertainment / workshop support
- We have an amazing lineup of entertainment and cultural workshops that take place throughout the Games weekend. Support these artists with small setup tasks for their show or workshop time, or sound mixing (experience required!).
- A 2022 festival volunteer t-shirt that is yours to keep!
- Entry into three draws for $100 in Downtown Fredericton Dollars that are EXCLUSIVE to 2022 NBHG volunteers!
- Free snacks for our day shift volunteers!
- Free access to the Games grounds on the day of your shift. You’ll be able to stay on after your shift, or come to the grounds early to see the festivities!
Extra early-bird perk:
- The first 25 volunteers to register receive FREE tickets to our Saturday night concert!
- Note: volunteers must confirm a shift closer to the Games, and will receive a ticket or instructions on how to receive their ticket at the door prior to the show accordingly.
For more information about volunteering with us, please contact the New Brunswick Highland Games Festival us at: email@example.com
External link to Volunteer Registration form: https://form.jotform.com/71096538366263